VFW POST 7272 Queen of Hearts
Jackpot as of April 7, 2022 is $1,915 and growing
April 12, 2022 7:00 PM is our next drawing
RULES OF THE GAME
- To be eligible to play, you must be at least 21 years old.
- All raffle tickets are $5.00 per chance, with no limit on the number of tickets that may be purchased. Tickets may be purchased immediately after the weekly drawing and up until 30 minutes prior to the upcoming week drawing (6:30 PM EST).
- There can be only one name per ticket. Write your name and telephone number legibly on the back of the ticket and return it to the bartender to be placed in the ticket drum.
In the event you will not be present for the drawing, you may place the number you wish to pick on the back of the ticket. If you are present for the drawing, the number on the ticket is irrelevant. If a player is not present and there is not a number on the chosen ticket, a card will be randomly drawn. Do not write nicknames or abbreviations (Tom instead of Thomas is ok, Buba instead of Bill is not).
- Each Tuesday (unless otherwise posted) at 7:00 PM EST, one (1) ticket will be drawn, and the name on the ticket announced. If you show up after 7:00 PM EST, and your name was announced 3 times, you will be considered not present. Drawings will not be held on holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas eve, Christmas) that fall on Tuesday.
- If more than one ticket is drawn – the drawn tickets will be put back in the ticket drum, mixed up accordingly to allow for a redraw of ONLY one (1) ticket.
- The total prize Jackpot will continue to accumulate weekly until the QUEEN OF HEARTS is drawn. The Jackpot amount, based on ticket sales, will be updated daily and prominently displayed in the bar area.
- If your name is drawn, you get to choose a card. If the chosen card is the QUEEN OF HEARTS, the winner will receive 80% of the Jackpot. In the event you are not present, your name is drawn, and you are the QUEEN OF HEARTS winner, you will receive 50% of the Jackpot. In either situation the remainder of the winning Jackpot will go to Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 7272 Bellingham.
- If the QUEEN OF HEARTS is not drawn, the winning payouts are as follows: JOKERS 20%, FACE CARDS OR ACES 10%, all other cards are 2.5% of the jackpot. If you are not present for the drawing you will receive only half the amount and the other half will remain in the Jackpot.
- In case the QUEEN OF HEARTS is drawn, and the person is not eligible, a new board will be used and the jackpot will be used as the starting amount for the next game. If the person not eligible draws a card other than the QUEEN OF HEARTS, that card will be removed from play and the game continues and there will be no payout.
- Once a card is selected, it will be removed from play and shown face up on the board. Each week after the drawing, all tickets for that week’s drawing will be destroyed.
- The QUEEN OF HEARTS game board will be displayed in Post 7272 bar. It will be always locked except for the drawing.
- All winning players are responsible for all taxes. A W2-G will be issued for prizes over $600. NO prize over $600 will be paid until the W2-G information is completely filed out. If a player is unwilling or unable to provide W2-G information, the prize will revert to Post 7272.